We all know intuitively what makes a website look bad: overused bevel effects, corny clip art, overcrowded layouts. These annoyances are easily corrected by developing with design fundamentals in mind – the same principles used by professional designers and artists alike. Here are a few points which cause your website designs really look bad.
What makes a website looks bad?
- First and foremost thing is you have no interest in design.
- You are not following the rules mostly
- Using bad color combination is design. You text and the background color is merged
- Stretching the images or text which give a worst appearance.
- Overusing the Gradient effects
- Using funny clip arts.
- Going rough with bevel tools.
- Not choosing the fonts that support your content.
- Overloading the site with high scripts
- Not cross verifying the compatibility of a website on different browser at the start.
- Not taking the help from others not just random people on the street, but constructive critique from people who really know their stuff, like other designers/developers.
A good designer is a good analyzer and also reads the mind of the customer what exactly he/she is looking for. He also works on time frame even if you are a good designer but if you leave the bus and show your potential later it is of no use you should always keep in mind that you have stipulated period time to show your creativity.
Imaging before you start, Discuss before you start, Align before you start, Once you start try reach to the end.